Thursday, March 3, 2011

Innovative Classrooms!


I would use blogs with my students to reinforce what we did that day or week. I could also post activities or websites that could help prepare students for our upcoming lessons. Students that lose their planners or have questions for me could just go to my blog and ask or read. Wikis may be a great source for math formulas or tricks that could help students with their homework.
Socialbookmarking seems like an organized way to share websites with others. It sounds like a great idea and does not seem too complicated. I wouldn’t mind trying out the application. My students would have the option to search websites that I have found useful. Well since many other countries have successfully incorporated voicethreads into their classrooms, I feel it appropriate that I try at least once. This is the innovative way to discuss topics with other individuals.
Tapped In seems like a great opportunity to stay innovative and connected. I have not explored it but from my reading I have learned that there are many benefits in participating with Tapped In. I understand how disconnected teachers can be from one another and promote the need to be technologically connected. People are more likely to communicate through technology now than ever before. If educators truly want their students to connect with other foreign students, then they should attempt to also learn from their foreign peers (Jonassen pg. 129).
 Source:
Source:Jonassen, David, Howland, Jane, Marra, Rose, and Crismond, David. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology. 217-39. New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall

1 comment:

  1. I think for math classes bookmarking would be great for your students to have the websites to look up formulas. There are also tutoring websites as well. Keeping everything in one easy accessable place for students is key.

    I haven't searched Tapped In yet but it seems very interesting. I actually signed up already and will be finding time soon to learn more. It should be a great way to learn new ideas in teaching methods or just creative ideas in lesson planning.

    Blogging in a math class doesn't seem to be too helpful once you get into very detailed formulas but I am sure it will be a great resource for students to discuss some areas they are having problems with.

    ReplyDelete